Application for the new academic year 2016/2017
Applications for the new academic year will be publish here soon. please check back here later or subscribe to our newsletter for get notify instantly.
The entry requirement for the NDES programme are
- G.C.E. (A/L) three passes in one sitting in the Maths stream.
- Passes for 6 subjects in G.C.E. (O/L) examination in one sitting including minimum of 3 credits
- Credit for English for G.C.E (O/L) Examination
- Age between 18 and 25 years.
To receive the National diploma in engineering sciences (NDES) a student should pass all academic examinations and all industrial training evaluations. There are three academic examinations namely ;
- Basic Instruction Programme examination
- General Instruction Programme examination
- Specialized Instruction Programme examination
There are three industrial training evaluations namely ;
- Basic Industrial Training evaluation
- General Industrial Training evaluation
- Specialized Industrial Training evaluation
Demand of foreign & local labor market for diploma holders
Very high demand especially the private sector employers like to employ NDES diploma holders because of their longer duration industrial training they get before passing out.
Employment rates and designations
While about 60% to 65% are employed in the private sector and 40% to 35% are employed in the public sector Designations are varied from Assistant Engineer, Engineering Assistant to Technical Officer.
Background of industrial training
National diploma in engineering sciences programme has a total of 2 ½ years industrial training, which is given phases as follows ;
- First Phase – Basic Industrial Training – 12 Months
- Second Phase – General Industrial Training – 12 Months
- Third Phase – Specialized Industrial Training – 06 Months
A large number of public and private sector organizations contribute to NDES by providing industrial training. At present our students are getting their industrial training in about 200 organizations.